Welcome to my Blog!!!!!

Welocme to my blog
This is a blog about the history of Washington DC. I hope you enjoy and get alot out of this blog if you have any comments just ask and i will answer as soon as possiable.
P.s I hope you enjoy this MR.Runck just remember this is my english grade!!!!!!! LOL



Friday, May 28, 2010

The Lincolon memorial




The Lincoln memorial is a monument that honors the 16Th president for his commitment to his country. The monument is located west of the mall strip. This monument was designed by Henry Bacon. Congress passed a bill in 1910 for the construction of the Lincoln memorial to begin. In 1914 construction started, and in 1922 the memorial was open to the public. The statue of Lincoln stands 19 feet tall. It took four years to carve the statue. The person that carved the statue was Daniel Chester French. In 1963, people crowded around the Lincoln memorial for Martin Luther King Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech. The monument is visited by over a million people per year.

"Lincoln Memorial." Http://www.nps.gov/. 28 May 2010. Web. 28 May 2010. .

No comments:

Post a Comment